San Francisco: Part 2

Thursday, November 6, 2014

So I guess we could call this post an engagement story, or the best/most exciting/most surprising day of my entire life. You know how most people know something like this is coming? Not me. I was SURE this wasn't happening for another six months. Oh how wrong I was. 
We started the day off at It's Tops Coffee Shop, a diner we deemed our own just around the corner from where we were staying in the mission district. They have the best pancakes on the planet I swear, and the most delicious coffee. Here is a face of a smug Zachary with a ring in his pocket, and I am just sitting there not having a clue. 
We had decided on walking/hiking to Twin Peaks which is basically the most beautiful overlook of the entire city. It seriously was something else. I felt like I couldn't stop taking pictures. After a while I realized that I was looking through my lens too much. I put the camera down, and just took it all in. That is when it happened. 
Yet another smug face of the love of my life about to change our lives forever. Insert barf bag here. 
Even though we were surrounded by people, in that moment it was just us. We didn't draw attention to ourselves. I was just standing there taking in this incredible view, and the next thing I know Zachary has a ring in his hand, and I am putting it on my finger. I am not going to share all the details, because this moment was ours. All I will say is that what he said to me is the most perfect thing anyone could ever say, and I can't imagine ever living my life without this human by my side. He is my one and only, and I thank God every day for placing him in my life. Zachary, I love you more than the air I breathe. 
After this wonderful roller coaster of a morning we headed down to the Palace of Fine Arts. We called our parents, ran around, and smiled A LOT. 
And of course our engagement story wouldn't be complete without a trip to Yoda for some words of wisdom. 
I love you Zachary. Let the adventures begin!

14 comments:

  1. This is so sweet and breaks my heart (in a good way. Like an I can't handle the sweetness way) ohhhh you guys. Congrats, you two :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so so much! i am so freaking excited!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! I LOVE this! And I love that you didn't share all the details. You are so right that is was your moment and not for everyone to know. Congratulations!!! Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am so happy people understand that! i feel like so many people over share everything, which i guess is fine if you want to do that you know? but i feel like because so many people do there is pressure for everyone else to do that. some things really are just for you and someone else, not the world.

      Delete
  3. SOOOO SWEET!!!!! I'm so happy for you, congrats!!!!!!!! ❤(ˆ‿ˆԅ)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lady! p.s- i am still obsessing over your prom dress like for reals!

      Delete
  4. this is the cutest - twin peaks is literally one of the most beautiful places on the planet, & the fact that you got proposed to there? it's too much! congrats, pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right?! and it was the first time we had ever been there, so there was an extra sense of aw. and it is kind of exciting that no matter where we are in San francisco we can look up to that radio tower.

      Delete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!!! AHHHHHH! I am catching up on all the blogs and I AM FREAKING OUT FOR YOU! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha thank you so much lady!!!! we are so freaking stoked. it still doesn't feel real at times.

      Delete

I appreciate your loveliest of lovely comments! :)

Pin It

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...