New Home

Wednesday, August 17, 2016



So I guess you could say it has been a while... SURPRISE! We adopted a dog! SURPRISE! We bought a house. SURPRISE! We moved to a new city.

It has been a whirlwind of change over here, and I am realizing how bummed I am that I haven't been documenting it. I know there is a lot of conversation right now concerning over documenting our lives (I'm talking to you Instagram story). There is about five billion different types of social media, and it really can get quite overwhelming. I think this mindset though has made me feel less secure in documenting my life in an online presence. However, I have realized that for me there is no better way to document my day-to-day life. I've tried the journal thing, and as much as I wish I loved it I just don't. To be completely honest, sharing my experiences through social media or through blogging is just EASY and CONVENIENT, and I don't think that is a bad thing! We truly are lucky to have such easy access to documenting our lives, but I understand it is all about balance which is different for everyone. I don't know about you, but I know when I am spending too much time online or on social media. I just get that overwhelming feeling that I am wasting my time. You know the one where you turn your phone on to check the time, and the next thing you know it is two hours later and there is a perfect imprint of your butt on the couch? I think as long as we are aware of our limits we can find a happy medium. Now that is much easier said than done, but it doesn't hurt to try! For some that might mean no online presence at all, and for some it might mean the complete opposite. It is not our place to judge where everyone falls on that spectrum.

So for me I hope it means documenting a little bit more, and browsing a little less. I feel like I am watching so many new experiences fly by without as much as a thought. I want to experience these new things that are happening in my life, and I want to remember them! I want to remember how buying our new house felt, and how it compares from the beginning to five years from now. I want to remember all the little moments and adventures Zac and I take, and how life changes throughout the years. What an amazing thing it is to have it all in one spot to always reflect on! I feel inspired again to take photos and experience all these new things happening in my life, and that is a really good feeling.



P.s- we have about a billion rose bushes, and since they are a pain and a half to rip out, I am choosing to enjoy them for a second.

1 comment:

  1. Yes!!! I think as long as we are aware of how much time we are spending browsing, then we can definitely find that happy medium!!! I hope I see more posts from you, Shelby!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your loveliest of lovely comments! :)

Pin It

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...