Ain't No Rest For The Wicked

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Here I am doing a Music Monday post on a Tuesday... again. Oops. It was New Year's Eve yesterday, so I am going to blame it on that.

The song I chose for this week is "Ain't No Rest For The Wicked" by Cage The Elephant. This is just one of those songs that every time I listen to it, it gets stuck in my head for a week. I love the sound of this song. I had never really paid attention to the lyrics of this song until this week though. They are very interesting. I like how they tell a story. There aren't many musicians that really write that way anymore. I think that is why I love this song so much.

Enjoy!



This was the best live version I could find. Honestly, he is kind of hard to watch. Haha So if you are like me and all the movement kind of drives you nuts, just close your eyes and enjoy. It is nice when you find out a band is actually good live. It is almost a relief.

I hope everyone had a fantastic New Year's Eve! My evening was not what I expected, but soo much fun. Anyone do anything crazy spectacular?

4 comments:

  1. I saw in your last post that you're ready Lolita! Man, I'm jealous. I've only ever seen the movie (which I quite liked!), but I haven't had time to read the book.

    Have a beautiful start to your new year! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a movie?! I had no idea! I will have to look into that for sure! It really is a strange book, but so beautifully written.

      I hope you have a wonderful start to your new year as well!

      Delete
  2. Oooh! I remember this song. It used to get stuck in my head all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! You hear just the beginning, and it is stuck in your head from that point on!

      Delete

I appreciate your loveliest of lovely comments! :)

Pin It

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...