the Liebster Award
Thursday, April 11, 2013
So today I found out that I was nominated for the liebster award!! How cool is that!? I was nominated by the lovely Shayla of Shayla Lillian blog. She basically is the coolest, and I am kind of convinced we might be the same person. Who knows really? Be sure to stop by and say hello. Her blog is the greatest!
So for those of you who don't know or haven't heard of the liebster award, here is how it works.
The award recognizes new, small blogs. In addition, it helps yours and other blogs get more promotion and recognition. How cool is that?!
here are the rules for the nominees:
1. post 11 things about yourself
2. answer the 11 questions created by the person who nominated you
3. create 11 questions of your own to ask the bloggers to nominate
4. choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate and link them on your blog post
5. bloggers must be notified of their award!
6. no tag backs!
eleven things about myself:
1. I have always secretly wanted to be in a band. Unfortunately, I can't sing OR play an instrument so those dreams might be crushed. I am pretty sure I could learn how to play the tambourine though! Any takers? Anyone...
2. My dream in life is to spend a summer as a hippie (minus the drugs). Basically I want to move to Cali or Hawaii and be a beach bum. I am talking surfing all day, and doing whatever hippies/beach bums do all night.
3. My celebrity crush is Matthew Gray Gubler. I am convinced he is the perfect human, and I don't care that he is like 13 years older than me.
4. I have seen (500) Days of Summer approximately 100 times. This is not a joke people. I am completely serious..
5. I have never been stung by a bee (knock on wood), and I am terrified that if I ever do I will be deathly allergic.
6. One day I will own a St. Bernard. It will happen.
7. I don't believe in paying over $15 for a concert ticket. The most I have paid for a concert in the last 6 months was $7, and if I find a ticket for more than $15 I will whine about it until the end of time.
8. I belive that being out in nature can cure anything.
9. I think my two favorite mixed smells are cigarette smoke and coffee. I don't know why this is seeing as I don't smoke or drink coffee, but something about it comforts me.
10. I could eat ice-cream every day, ALL DAY.
11. Film photography and my yellow lab have my heart.
eleven questions from shayla:
1. What was the first record/tape/cd you owned?
Oh my word... I think it might have been 'N Sync. Or Britney Spears. Both equally as embarrassing. Ooo or maybe it was Aaron Carter?? Yeah...
2. If you could go to dinner with anybody alive today (that you don't know), who would it be?
I don't care how ridiculous this sounds, but I would probably have to say Jennifer Lawrence. I just want to be her best friend, and I'm pretty sure she is the funniest human in existence. If she is busy I will take Matthew Gray Gubler for obvious reasons.
3. When you're asked to introduce yourself to a new group of people and are supposed to tell one thing about yourself, what do you say?
I become the most boring person on the entire planet, and I say basically word for word, "I am Shelby, and I like music." Yeah... I should probably work on that.
4. What's your favorite form of social media: blogging, instagram, facebook, or twitter? Why?
Man that is tough. I would have to say blogging. I feel like blogging is all of social media put into one giant package of greatness. I think it is the perfect way to share things that inspire you, as well as being a great source of inspiration. Plus, I love the blogging community so much. I have met some of the most amazing people through blogging that I never would have met otherwise. I am so grateful for that.
5. If you could only shop at one clothing store/website for the rest of your life what would it be?
Oh my goodness! Why must you do this to me! I think I would have to say Cotton On. It is the only place that I continually go to where I like almost everything in the store.
6. what was your favorite childhood movie?
The Little Rascals for sure!! I can't even tell you how many times I watched that when I was little. It is the greatest! "Quick! What's the number for 9-1-1?" Haha the greatest.
7. What is the weirdest nickname that you've ever been called?
Shnelbert.... thanks family.
8. What is the best meal you've ever had?
Are we for real right now? I'm pretty sure that is an impossible question. Basically every meal my Mimi and Papa have ever made. No joke.
9. What is your favorite school subject and why?
If we are talking subjects I am currently taking I would have to say photography. I love having a class that continues to push me to be creative, and think outside of the box. In high school, my favorite class was English. This was mostly due to an English teacher who completely changed the way I looked at things and how I viewed literature.
10. If you could live in any country right now, where would it be?
Well I am pretty sure I was meant to be French, so I am going to have to say France. The Parisian culture inspires me.
11. johnny depp or brad pitt? from the 90's of course.
Johnny Depp.. ALL. THE. WAY!
questions for my nominees:
1. favorite book that you read in high school?
2. if you could have front row tickets and backstage passes to any concert, who would you choose to see and why?
3. favorite childhood tv show?
4. why did you start blogging?
5. what item do you currently have in your closet that you couldn't live without?
6. where is your favorite place in the world? why?
7. describe your perfect weekend.
8. have you ever been in love?
9. audrey, grace, or marilyn?
10. if you had to get a tattoo, what would you get, why, and where?
11. what makes you smile?
my eleven nominees:
1. Shawnee from The S Diaries
2. Shelby from It Is What It Is
3. Anna from Anna Apricot
4. Erin from Write Dream Run Sing
5. Stephanie from Owls In My Heart
6. Kaitlyn from Goodbye My Changing Wind
7. Jane from Simply Jane
8. Ruthie from Chapped Lips & Chapstick
9. Corinne from Life Etc
10. Ayley from The Wild Heart
11.Bre'an from St8 of Mind
Thanks again to the lovely Shayla for the nomination!
Labels: liebster award