Guest Post: Emma

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello lovelies. My name is Emma and I live over at Tightrope to the Sun. I also have another blog where I review the books I read and talk about little book things called Emma Jane Reads Books. I'm 21, I like words, and I love blogs, especially blogs about inspiration and things. I love things.

Image via Tumblr
This is my face.



SO! Five facts about me. Let's do this.

1. I was an Irish dancer for six years. And dang it I was good. And adorable. So.

Date me.
2. I basically live in my bath tub. I take a bath at least once a day, full on bubbles and candles and the works. It's how I calm down and refocus myself after every day. Give me a book and a tub and I'm set for at least 2 hours.

3. One time when I was 18 I dislocated my elbow and now my left arm can't straighten the whole way. 

4. My dream is to be a professor of literature/writing at a University as well as write novels. I love words more than anything in the world. 

5. My favorite book is The Great Gatsby and I read it about 6-7 times a year, if not more. I just wrote what I consider to be the most important post I could ever write about my feelings for Gatsby here. 

My favorite cover of Gatsby. Image via Tumblr

I loved the way Shelby worded what she wanted talked about in these guest posts. She said "I think with the transition of seasons, everyone gets in a bit of a rut with inspiration." She's exactly right. Seasons are such fickle things and transitions can always be hard. Transitioning into summer is always so exciting though. 

"And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer." - Nick Carraway, The Great Gatsby

I love to see what different people are inspired by. Talking about being inspired always makes me feel electric with inspiration. It makes me want to contribute more to the pool of creative energy in the world. 

I try to see inspiration in everything. But nothing I feel can compare to the inspiration in the inexhaustible fight of the human soul. I love the passion that humans can show. Passion of all kind. Passion is so rare and so pure. And being unafraid to live and breathe and bleed what you are passionate about is breathtaking to see in another human being. I see inspiration in the will to survive, the will to carry on. The will to fight and endure. When you get someone talking about what they believe in and fight for, their spirit comes to life. Their soul becomes electric. How can humanity not inspire you?

Romance inspires me. I love love. There is so much beauty in the passion that blooms between two people. Passion between two people changes everything. Destiny, time, everything. You store that love as a sort of creative reservoir forever in your heart. For good or for bad, love changes everything and takes over everything. I mean, there is clearly a reason for all of the poems and books and everything centered on love and that sort of connection. It's a connection that lives on, no matter what changes in your life. I've had my fair share of horrid break ups, but knowing that the capacity to love as deeply as I have lives within me supplies me with infinite hope and infinite inspiration. 

"No around of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart." - The Great Gatsby
Image via Tumblr
My biggest source of inspiration and the thing I find to have the most meaning in my life are words. Words, words, words. (Hamlet anyone?... no...?) I love books, I love poems, I love songs, I love words. Words supply me with a power to express everything. In moments of struggle or doubt, I have always turned to words. They blow me away. The cadence and magic that can be created just by placing the same 26 letters together in different ways will never cease to amaze me. Language is everything. I adore art, and music is sensational, but words, my lovelies, words are the world.

I want to dedicate myself to words and sharing my passion for words with the world. I love seeing how others use their words, how they express themselves with turns of phrase in speech and in text. I will never get over words. You need inspiration? Read. Talk. Explore the world with letters and words. Breathe life into the page and live forever. 

Image via Tumblr
Thanks so much to Shelby for having me on her beautiful blog. This was a wonderful post to write. I hope to see some of you over on my blog too :) Stay lovely, world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your loveliest of lovely comments! :)

Pin It

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...