The Weight

Monday, November 26, 2012

For this weeks Music Monday I have decided on a song from one of my all time favorite bands Thrice. To be completely honest, I didn't hear about Thrice until my junior year of high school, but after just one song I was sold. I am pretty sure the first song I ever heard by them was Deadbolt, which for some reason holds a special place in my heart. As soon as I heard it, I pretty much ran home to learn the piano outro.
 
The song I chose for today is The Weight, which is one of my favorite Thrice songs. This is one of those songs that you love because the lyrics are so brilliant. This has just always been a special song to me. It doesn't hold as much importance as it once did, but I still find myself falling in love with lyrics every single time. I am pretty sure I have had multiple Facebook status updates that contain the lyrics to this song. Thrice really is just brilliant. I am so sad that they aren't making music anymore, but I am grateful that I have been able to attend many of their shows and will always be able to enjoy their music.
 
 
 
Take the time to listen to Dustin sing this live. His voice is seriously unreal! Thrice is definitely one of those bands that when you hear them play live you just don't even know what to do with yourself. They are just freaking crazy amazing!
 
Happy Monday


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your loveliest of lovely comments! :)

Pin It

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...